Williams Sonoma Sour Cream Chocolate Bundt Cake
IngredientsFor the cake
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate melted & cooled
For the glaze
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate liqueur
InstructionsTo make the cake
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray your bundt pan with non-stick spray and flour or sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- To a large bowl whisk together the flour cocoa powder baking powder baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl (or bowl of your stand mixer) beat the butter on medium speed until creamy (30-45 seconds).
- Gradually add the sugar while beating on low until blended.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium-high and continue beating scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed until the mixture is light & fluffy (3-5 minutes).
- Add the eggs one at a time beating after each addition and making sure they re fully incorporated before adding the next. The mixture will be thick and creamy after 1-2 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Reduce speed to low and fold in the flour mixture in three parts alternating with the sour cream. Flour/sour cream/flour/sour cream/flour. Mix until just blended with no lumps of flour remaining.
- Gently fold in the melted chocolate.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- To make the glaze
- While the cake is cooling to a small saucepan over low heat add the sugar and water and stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate liqueur.
- Once cooled flip the cake onto a piece of parchment/wax paper and brush the warm cake with the glaze.
- Let cool to room temperature and then dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here