Vegan Apple Broccoli Salad
VEGAN APPLE BROCCOLI SALADVEGAN APPLE BROCCOLI SALADVegan Apple Broccoli Salad has everyone’s favorite vegetables and fruits. You throw everything in a bowl then pour in the slightly sweet and tangy dressing. Toss and eat! Prep Time20 minutes Total Time20 minutes Servings6 Servings Calories343kcalIngredientsFor the Salad:
- 4 cups broccoli cut up and shredded (about 2 medium heads)
- 3 apples of your choice diced right before you add them to the salad I used Gala
- 1/4 cup onion red diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds shelled
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup you could use up to 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
InstructionsTo prepare the salad:
- Wash broccoli under running water. Cut the florets from the stalks and set the stalks aside.
- Cut the florets into very small pieces. See the photo for a visual. Place in a large bowl.
- Cut the hard outer skin off of the stems to get down to the tender inside. Discard the outer peelings.
- Cut the tender inside stems into matchsticks. Or if you have a mandolin that would work well too. If your food processor has an attachment that will cut the stems into long strips (not grated) then that would work also. Scissors work too. The idea is to have very small sticks of raw broccoli stems. They will hold their shape.
- Add to the large bowl along with the florets. Add the apples red onion raisins and sunflower seeds.
To make the dressing:
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition FactsVegan Apple Broccoli SaladAmount Per Serving (1 cup)Calories 343Calories from Fat 216% Daily Value*Fat 24g37%Saturated Fat 3g15%Sodium 317mg13%Potassium 485mg14%Carbohydrates 31g10%Fiber 5g20%Sugar 13g14%Protein 4g8%Vitamin A 425IU9%Vitamin C 59.9mg73%Calcium 52mg5%Iron 1.5mg8%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.Source: https://veganinthefreezer.com/vegan-apple-broccoli-salad/