The Best Pumpkin Blossom Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) melted
- 1 package spice cake mix 15.25 oz
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- sugar (for rolling cookies in)
- Pumpkin Spice Hershey’s Kisses
- Broken pretzels
- Green Buttercream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- kelly green food coloring
- Unwrap the pumpkin spice hershey s kisses. Cut the pointy tops of the kisses. Place the kisses in the freezer. This helps them maintain their shape once added to the hot cookies.
- Prepare the cookie dough. In a mixing bowl combine the egg butter and spice cake mix beat with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in the cream cheese. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the buttercream. In a small mixing bowl beat the butter until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and kelly green food coloring beat until combined. Transfer the buttercream to a piping bag fit with a small round piping tip.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Form the dough into balls using a cookie scoop or similar. Roll the dough balls into a bowl of sugar place on a silicone lined baking sheet slightly flatten the tops of the balls and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes then put the frozen kisses on the cookies pressing them in slightly. Pipe on the green buttercream leaves/vines and a broken pretzel for the stem. DO NOT MOVE THE COOKIES until the kisses are completely hardened.
This article and recipe adapted from this site