IngredientsChocolate Chip Cookie Layer
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour aka plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate* finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C) degrees.
- Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper and leave an overhang around the sides.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer
- Beat together the melted butter brown sugar and white sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low speed beat in the flour and salt.
- Turn off the mixer and stir in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and spread smooth with a spatula.
- Place the Oreo cookies on top of the cookie dough pressing them down just slightly. I got 6 rows of 4 cookies.
- Add the butter and chocolate to a large heatproof bowl. Microwave on medium power for 45 second intervals stirring between each until melted.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar.
- Whisk the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- Gently fold in the flour cocoa powder and salt using rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Pour the brownie batter over the Oreo cookie layer and spread the top smooth as needed.
Baking and Cooling
- Bake the brownies in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out dry or with a few damp crumbs. If you notice the top is starting to burn cover with aluminum foil and continue baking. I first check my brownies at 45 minutes just in case.
- Cool the brownies fully (at least 4 hours) before slicing for clean even cuts.
- Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE