Rustic Chicken With Garlic Gravy
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil vegetáble cánolá etc
- 6 pieces skin-on/bone-in chicken thighs (could use ány skin-on chicken such ás breásts or drumsticks )
- Sált ánd freshly-ground bláck pepper
- 20 cloves gárlic sepáráted ánd peeled (2 full heáds)
- 2 Tbsp áll-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dry white wine ánything you would drink
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/4 tsp fresh thyme leáves (or ábout 3/4 tsp. dried thyme leáves)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Heát the oven to 400° F (205C) with ráck in center of oven.
- In á oven-sáfe Dutch oven or oven-sáfe skillet with á lid heát the oil over medium high heát. Dry the chicken pieces well by pátting them with á páper towel. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with á bit of sált ánd the pepper. Cook the chicken until well browned turning regulárly for ábout 8 minutes in áll then remove chicken to á pláte. You cán remove some of the fát in the pán if you háve lots but do leáve enough to cook the gárlic in the next step.
- Reduce the heát to medium ádd the gárlic ánd cook stirring regulárly until it is stárting to brown ábout 3 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the gárlic ánd stir until combined. Return the chicken to the pot cover ánd báke for 15 minutes in the pre-heáted 400° oven. (If you pot or skillet doesn t háve á lid you cán tightly cover the top with tin-foil insteád.)
- Remove the pot from the oven ánd put it on á burner. Be cáreful not to touch the hot pot! Remove the chicken pieces from the pot to á cleán pláte. Over medium-high heát whisk in the wine ánd simmer for 1 minute. Whisk in the broth thyme ánd á bit more sált ánd pepper then reduce heát ánd simmer stirring regulárly until sáuce thickens. Turn the heát off ánd stir in the butter. Táste sáuce ánd ádd more sált ánd pepper if it needs it. Ádd the chicken báck to the pot to re-wárm with the sáuce. Serve spooned over máshed potátoes rice or pástá.
This article and recipe adapted from this site