Perfect Damn Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4oz each)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- Vegetable oil (about 2 cups)
- Place chicken breasts in between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound to even thickness of about about 1/2?. Then cut into strips of about an inch thick. Place in a bowl with buttermilk and let sit in refrigerator for about an hour.
- In a large bowl combine flour season salt paprika and parsley flakes. In another bowl beat two eggs.
- In a deep frying pan heat oil to about 350 degrees F (medium heat for about 5 minutes).
- Remove chicken strips from buttermilk dredge in flour mix the eggs then back through flour. Set aside on a paper plate until complete.
- Carefully place coated chicken into pan with hot oil. Fry for about 3-4 minutes then flip pieces over for another 3 minutes or until golden brown. Internal temp should be 165 degrees F on an instant read thermometer.
- Carefully remove chicken from oil and drain on paper towels.
This article and recipe adapted from this site