Perfect Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a medium bowl combine cilantro 2 tablespoons olive oil lime juice lime zest chili powder cumin salt and pepper.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl combine chicken and cilantro mixture; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight turning the bag occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat.* Working in batches add chicken to the grill pan in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site