Perfect Buttercream Frosting
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 5 egg whites (approx 185g )
- 1 lb unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Portion the sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan drizzle a few tablespoons of water over the sugar and stir together until the sugar is all moistened it will have a wet sand feeling about it. Cook the sugar to the softball stage of 235 F using a candy thermometer use a pastry brush to lightly water down the inner sides of the sauce pan to prevent crystallization. When the sugar is done turn off the burner (if gas) or move the pan off the burner (if electric).
- Begin to whip your egg whites with a whip attachment in a stand mixer. When the meringue begins to look opaque but is not to any sort of peak stage yet slowly pour the cooked sugar syrup down the side of the mixing bowl as the mixture is whipping on a medium speed. Allow the mixture to whip until glossy medium peaks form and the meringue is cool to the touch.
- Turn the mixer on a low speed and add the butter one stick at a time. Mix until the mixture comes together don t be scared! The mixture will separate and look terrible before it comes together again which It will- I promise. Be patient.
- Once the mixture is smooth and wonderful-looking add the vanilla and whip just until combined.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here