Perfect Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breast tenders cut into small pieces
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 ground paprika
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- oil spray
- Set aside three shallow bowls on the counter.
- In a large ziplock bag add the chicken and marinade ingredients. Marinade in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours up to 6 hours.
- In a large shallow bowl add the dry ingredients.
- After marinating place chicken and marinade into a large bowl. Working in small batches dredge chicken chunks into dry ingredients shake off excess flour dunk again briefly into the marinade then dredge for a second time in the dry ingredients fully coating each piece of chicken. Be sure to gently shake off excess flour mixture.
- Spray olive oil onto the bottom and sides of the inside of the air fryer vessel. Place breaded chicken in an even layer; set aside the rest of the chicken. Give the tops of the chicken in the air fryer vessel a quick spray with olive oil then place into the air fryer.
- Cook in the air fryer at 370 degrees for 10 minutes; shake halfway through. NOTE: depending on the size and amount of chicken you may need to allow yours to cook in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove from the air fryer and repeat steps until you re finished with all of the chicken (four batches for me; it may be more or less for you depending on how you cut your chicken pieces).
- Serve immediately. Place any extra chicken into freezer-safe plastic bags and freeze for up to 2-3 months.
This article and recipe adapted from this site