Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup salt
Chicken & Seasoning:
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless skinless about 3-4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or melted butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika (regular or smoked)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes (optional)
- chopped parsley
- To brine chicken breasts fill a large bowl with 1 quart of lukewarm water and 1/4 cup salt. Then stir to combine until the salt is dissolved. Next add the meat to the brine mixture and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Also you could cover the bowl and refrigerate for up to 6 hours. When ready to cook remove them from the brine and rinse under cold water. Lastly pat them dry with some paper towels.
Chicken and Seasoning:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease of a 9×13 inch baking dish with a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- In a small bowl mix: salt pepper Italian seasoning garlic powder onion powder paprika dried thyme dried basil dried parsley and pepper flakes.
- Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil or melted butter and seasoning on both sides. Rub well so it absorbs properly.
- Add chicken to the prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Before slicing let rest for 5-10 minutes for optimal tenderness.
This article and recipe adapted from this site