Moist Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 Eggs Large
- 3/4 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp Ginger powder
- 1.5 cups Carrots Shredded
- 1/4 cup Walnuts Finely chopped Coated in flour to prevent sinking
- 2 cups Cream cheese frosting
- In a large mixing bowl add eggs oil vanilla extract sugar and mix until smooth. Keep aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour baking powder baking soda cinnamon nutmeg ginger.
- Dump this dry mixture into the wet mixture along with the carrots and mix until just combined.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter in a greased/ floured round cake pan (Dimensions: 9×2).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool down completely.
- Then ice it in cream cheese frosting.
- Decorate using the round tip and star tip.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts along the bottom of the cake. Enjoy!
RECIPE NOTESRead all my tips above. Leftovers can be stored in a covered container in the fridge for up to 3 days.This article and recipe adapted from this site