Italian Skillet Chicken With Tomatoes And Mushrooms
- 4 large chicken cutlets (boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/4-inch thin cutlets)
- 1 tbsp dried oregano divided
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp black pepper divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour more for later
- Private Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil (buy here)
- 8 oz Baby Bella mushrooms cleaned trimmed and sliced
- 14 oz grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice of 1/2 lemon)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Handful baby spinach (optional)
- Pat chicken cutlets dry. Season on both sides with 1/2 tbsp dried oregano 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Coat the chicken cutlets with the flour; dust off excess. Set aside briefly.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large cast iron skillet with a lid like this one. Brown the chicken cutlets on both sides (3 minutes or so). Transfer the chicken cutlets to a plate for now.
- In the same skillet add more olive oil if needed. Add the mushrooms and saute briefly on medium-high (about 1 minute or so). Then add the tomatoes garlic the remaining 1/2 tbsp oregano 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and 2 tsp flour. Cook for another 3 minutes or so stirring regularly.
- Now add the white wine cook briefly to reduce just a little; then add the lemon juice and chicken broth.
- Bring the liquid to a boil then add the chicken back in the skillet. Cook over high heat for 3-4 minutes then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for another 8 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and its internal heat registers a minimum of 165 degrees F.
- If you like stir in a handful of baby spinach just before serving. Enjoy hot with your favorite small pasta like orzo and a crusty Italian bread!
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE