Instant Pot Crack Chicken Casserole
- 2 lbs chicken thighs boneless skinless cubed – can use chicken breasts if preferred
- 8 oz cream cheese softened room temp.
- 3 strips bacon diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet ranch seasoning dry mix in packet
- 2 c chicken broth
- 5 c egg noodles use measuring cup to measure 5 cups uncooked into pot
- 1/2 c peas frozen optional
- 1/2 onion diced optional
- Set Instant Pot to saute and add olive oil and bacon.
- Cook for a few minutes until bacon is consistently sizzling and almost done. (add onion now if you want to add it)
- Add cubed chicken thigh pieces and cook until outsides of chicken are no longer pink. Turn Instant Pot off/cancel so it can cool a bit before turning it to high pressure. Scrape remaining bits of meat off bottom of pot.
- Sprinkle ranch seasoning packet on top of bacon and chicken and mix gently.
- Cut softened cream cheese into clumps and put on top of chicken mixture followed by 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release stir contents gently allowing cream cheese bits to become creamy and no longer clumped up.
- Add your frozen peas then 5 measuring cups full of uncooked small egg noodles and then your remaining 1.5 c. of chicken broth on top of your noodles.
- Gently stir just a bit.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Do a quick release stir and serve!!
- If you want sauce a bit thicker turn IP to saute again to have liquid bubble for 1-2 minutes and stir gently while bubbling. Allow to sit and the longer it sits the thicker it will get.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE