Homemade Bakery French Bread
- 2 Tablespoons Yeast
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 2 cups Hot Water
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 6 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 Egg for brushing on bread
- In a small bowl dissolve your yeast in ½ cup warm water. Make sure that your water is warm (not too cold not too hot). Let proof for 10 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine hot water sugar salt oil and 3 cups of the flour and mix together. Add the yeast mixture to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 3 1/2 cups of flour one cup at a time mixing after each addition. Watch for it to start pulling away from the bowl to know it s ready. Once all of the flour is added let sit for 10 minutes.
- Separate your dough into 3 pieces. On a floured surface roll each piece into a 9×12 rectangle. Roll it up like a jelly roll. Shape into a french bread loaf and smooth out edges.
- Place the dough on a greased baking pan or a Silpat seam side down. Using a knife make 3-4 diagonal cuts about 1/4 inch thick in bread. Brush with your beaten egg.
- Let dough rise uncovered for 30-40 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake at 375 for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here