Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs In Creamy White Wine Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken thighs bone-in skin-on
- Salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning (divided)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 3-4 thyme sprigs (leaves only)
- 1 tbsp flour for thickening the sauce
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken thighs with salt pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cook chicken thighs on medium-high skin side down first to brown it for 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook on the next side for about 4 minutes for a total of 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken from the skillet.
- Add 2 tbsp butter onion and sauté until the onion is browned 3-4 minutes. Add chopped garlic thyme and 1 tsp Italian seasoning and cook for another minute.
- Next add 1 tbsp flour and cook it in the oil of the pan for only a minute until it’s no longer white. Add the wine slowly to the hot pan increasing heat from medium-high to high and cook for a few minutes.
- Now add chicken stock and heavy cream. Stir to combine and let everything cook until it reduces slightly about 5 minutes.
- Make sure to taste the sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken thighs back into the pan with sauce.
- Put in the oven uncovered and cook at 400 for 35 minutes.
- Once time is up take the pan out of the oven check if chicken thighs are done. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve with roasted vegetables mashed potatoes or rice.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here