Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs boneless skinless
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup pinapple juice
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger fresh minced
- Place chicken thighs in gallon-sized Ziploc bag set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in medium-sized mixing bowl and mix until sugar dissolves.
- Pour marinade over chicken press air out of bag and seal tightly.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Remove chicken from bag and set aside. Do NOT discard marinade.
- In a medium saucepan bring marinade to a simmer and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Place chicken on grill and brush some of the hot marinade over the top (do not place brush back in marinade after brushing the chicken).
- Continue to grill chicken until done (165 degrees internal temp).
- Place cooked chicken in a baking dish and pour remaining hot teriyaki marinade over the top.
- Serve immediately.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE