Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup (keto Slow Cooker Mexican Soup)
DESCRIPTIONGreen Enchiladas Chicken Soup (Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Soup) with a creamy broth of green enchiladas sauce salsa verde cheeses and tender shredded chicken you can’t go wrong with this recipe. Perfect for those busy nights! This Mexican soup recipe is keto and low carb friendly which will make everyone happy! This recipe can be made on a stovetop or in an Instant Pot. INGREDIENTS
- 2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 24 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese cubed and at room temperature
- 4 oz green salsa (salsa verde)
- In a 6-quart slow cooker add chicken breast or thighs green enchilada sauce and chicken broth. Cook on Low 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. In a small bowl mix 1 or 2 ladles of soup with half and half stir then add to slow cooker. Add chicken jack cheese cream cheese and green salsa. Turn crock pot to warm and stir until cheeses are melted. Add hot sauce or additional salsa to taste.
- Serve and enjoy! Delicious topped with avocado cilantro green onion and sour cream.
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup
NOTESTo add spice use additional green salsa or a green chili hot sauceThis article and recipe adapted from this site