German Chocolate Brownies
INGREDIENTSFOR THE BROWNIES:
- 30.5 oz brownie mix (2 boxes I used Hershey’s double chunk)
- 1 1/2 cups caramel craft bits
FOR THE COCONUT PECAN FROSTING:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut (make sure it s fresh)
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- Bake brownies according to package. Allow to cool.
- Melt caramel bits in microwave for 1 minute and drizzle over brownies.
- Make frosting by combining butter egg yolks sugar milk and vanilla in a large saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened about 10-12 minutes (make sure to stir consistently). Add coconut and pecans.
- Spread frosting over top of caramel. Top with melted chocolate and pecans if desired. You may want to place in the refrigerator to harden before cutting.
This article and recipe adapted from this site