Easy Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala
IngredientsUS Customary – MetricChicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup smoked shredded cheese provolone or gouda
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes patted dry and roughly chopped
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 yellow onion sliced into strings
- 4 cups Dry Marsala Wine
- 8 oz. heavy cream
- 12 oz. button mushrooms thinly sliced
- Combine all stuffing ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butterfly the chicken by slicing the side of the thickest part of each chicken breast to create 2 lobes.
- Lay the chicken down covering the top with wax paper. Pound it gently until it’s thinned to 1/4 – 1/2 inches thick.
- Fill each of the chicken breasts with the stuffing try not to over-stuff you may have some leftover stuffing. Coat the outside of each chicken breast with salt pepper and then the flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place each chicken inside of the skillet and cook until each side is a nice golden-brown color.
- Remove the chicken and place it in a baking dish. Bake it for 15-20 minutes or until the inside is cooked through.
- Within the skillet where the chicken cooked add the onions and scrape up the chicken drippings letting the onions cook in them for about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue to Sautee until the onions are translucent about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the wine and bringing it to a light bubble. You’ll want the wine to reduce by half. As you continue to cook the sauce and as the onions caramelize the sauce will continue to get more and more brown and delicious.
- Temper the heavy cream by heating it in the microwave for 20 seconds. Slowly pour it into the pan and bring it to a light bubble reduce the heat to low and heat for 5 more minutes then remove it from heat.
- Once the sauce is rich and brown serve it over the chicken and with mashed potatoes!
This article and recipe adapted from this site