Easy Korean Barbecue Chicken Legs Recipe
- 9 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 7 cloves of garlic minced
- 1.5 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 Tbsp. of sesame oil
- 1.5 tsp. of ginger ground or fresh
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. of red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions white bottoms separated from green tops
- Extra sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil to grease the pan You can also use sesame oil but I always feel that olive oil has the most neutral taste.
- Optional: Sriracha if you like it spicy
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. If you want to cook these on the grill preheat your grill to medium.
- On the stove top whisk together cornstarch and sesame oil. Heat until it starts to bubble.
- The turn down the heat and add the honey soy brown sugar garlic and ginger. Heat on low for about five minutes.
- Add the bottoms of the green onions red pepper flakes and sesame seeds and cook for a few more minutes.
- Turn burner off and prep your baking plan. Sauce will thicken as it stands.
- Use the olive oil to wipe down the the bottom and sides of the pan making sure each part is covered. Then add chicken legs.
- Divide your barbecue sauce. Use half of the sauce to coat the chicken legs and reserve the other half for serving.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with the tops of the green onions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site