Easy Circus Animal Cookie Truffles
No-Bake Circus Animal Cookie Truffles RecipeMaking sweet treats doesn t need to turn your kitchen into a zoo. All you need are 5 simple ingredients to create these adorable No-Bake Circus Animal Cookie Truffles. Author: Three SnackateersIngredients
- 1 bag Frosted Animal Crackers Cookies
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- Pink Candy Melts
- White Candy Melts (or White Chocolate Almond Bark)
- Rainbow Sprinkles (also called Nonpareils)
- Add animal cracker cookies to food processor or plastic bag and crush until finely ground.
- Pour the cookie crumbs into a bowl and add cream cheese. Mix until thoroughly combined. You can use a spoon although I find it works better (and is more fun) to use your hands!
- Next roll the mixture into about 1-inch size balls and place onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Repeat until the cookie mixture is all used up.
- Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator or freezer until truffle balls are chilled and firm – between 15-30 minutes will do the trick.
- Just before removing the balls from the freezer get started on preparing your candy melts. Using separate bowls for white and pink follow the melting instructions on the package of your candy melts.
- Carefully dip the truffles in your melted candies until fully covered. I find it works best to use 2 forks to roll the truffles and lift from the melted candy while gently shaking off the excess.
- Place the coated truffles back on your cookie sheet and quickly top with sprinkles before the coating hardens.
Tips Tricks and ToolsThe Wilton Chocolate and Candy Melt Pot will come in handy a lot in the kitchen for recipes like chocolate covered pretzels or strawberries and of course truffles! The beauty of this tool is it slowly melts your chocolate or melting candies then keeps it at the perfect temperature for easy dipping. No need to rush before your chocolate hardens!This article and recipe adapted from this site