Easy And Cheesy Green Chile Chicken And Rice Casserole
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 4 oz cans diced green chiles drained well
- 10 oz diced pre-cooked chicken
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Plenty of salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used a combo of white cheddar and pepper jack but Monterey Jack is really good too.)
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. rub olive oil on the sides and bottom of a large casserole dish.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat saute onions and bell peppers with olive oil until they begin to brown. Set aside.
- Combine the rice chicken 1 1/2 cup of the cheese green chilies sour cream cumin cayenne salt pepper and onion mixture to the casserole dish and combine well. (Give the mixture a taste to make sure you have enough salt pepper and cayenne.)
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk and egg. Add milk and egg to the rice mixture
- Top the casserole with remaining shredded cheese and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here