Delicious Raspberry Chocolate Torte
- 225g dark chocolate
- 70% cocoa solids
- 175g unsalted butter
- chopped diced
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp instant coffee powder or extract
- 100g toasted almonds
- 2 heaped tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 eggs
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 12 fresh or defrosted frozen raspberries
- plus about 40 more for decoration
- 4 tbsp raspberry jam
- For the glaze
- 140g dark chocolate
- 70% cocoa solids chopped
- 100ml double cream
- icing sugar and sweet vanilla cream to serve
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Line the bases of two 23cm cake tins with baking parchment. Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave; leave to cool. Stir in the vanilla and coffee powder.
- Whizz the almonds in a food processor until finely ground then add flour and salt and transfer to a bowl. Whisk the eggs with an electric mixer for 5 mins until doubled in volume. Slowly add the sugar whisk for 1 min more. Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture until just combined. Sprinkle over half the flour mixture and fold in then the other half. The mixture will be rather runny.
- Divide between the two tins and bake for about 15 mins until a skewer comes out with a few crumbs attached – the sponges should be slightly undercooked. Cool in tin then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Choose the less perfect of the two then set it on a serving plate. Mash 12 raspberries and stir in the jam. Spread on the base then top with the other cake.
- For the glaze bring the cream to the boil pour it over the chocolate and whisk until smooth. Leave for a few mins until starting to thicken then spread over the top and sides to cover. Decorate with raspberries. Chill for up to 24 hrs. Remove from fridge 1 hr before serving dust with icing sugar and serve with vanilla cream.
This article and recipe adapted from this site