Delicious Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet
- 1 pound free-range organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground fresh black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves — minced
- 1 medium sweet potato — peeled and diced
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- ½ pound fresh asparagus — cut at a diagonal in 1 and 2-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- On a cutting board cut the chicken into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat add the olive oil garlic and chicken.
- Sauté the chicken for about 7-10 minutes or until it is cooked through. Don’t forget to stir well. Set the chicken mixture aside.
- In the same skillet add the sweet potatoes and chicken broth.
- Cook for about 7-10minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked.
- Add the asparagus and cook for about 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Return the chicken to the pan and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Season with salt pepper and crushed red pepper.
This article and recipe adapted from this site