Dark Chocolate Brown Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar light or dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder like Hershey s Special Dark (regular cocoa powder or Dutch-processed may be substituted but have a slightly different taste)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt optional
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine butter and sugar. Mix with the paddle attachment on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy. About 3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the remaining ingredients with the mixer on low just until the ingredients are combined about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a room temperature sheet pan lined with a Silpat Non-Stick Baking Mat or spray with a non-stick vegetable spray 2-inches apart. I used a 1.5-inch spring release scoop that holds just over 1 tablespoon of dough to scoop uniform cookies. Spray the bottom of a glass with non-stick spray and flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until the edges have set and the tops are just beginning to set. They will turn from being shiny to be more matte . They will firm up as they cool so be careful not to overcook them.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to rest on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes remove with a thin spatula to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Storage tips above.
- I recommend you Calibrate your Oven at least once a year to ensure it s baking at the correct temperature.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here