Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Stew
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 2.5 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 red potatoes sliced
- 1 cup baby carrots
- ¾ cup green beans
- ½ cup celery diced
- 10.5 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup whole milk*
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 oz. dry ranch dressing mix equal to 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon Parsley flakes
- 5 slices bacon cooked/crumbled to garnish (optional)
- Melt the butter on the bottom of the crock pot. Add all of the vegetables on top and stir to coat with the butter.
- Season the cubed chicken with Italian seasoning and desired amounts of salt and pepper.
- Mix together the soup milk sour cream and ranch dressing mix. Temper the mixture by heating it for 30 seconds in the microwave. Pour on top of the chicken.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Low and slow is the best with milk and dairy products.
- Sprinkle with parsley and crumbled bacon and serve. This tastes delicious over biscuits!
- *The extra fat in whole milk will prevent it from curdling along with tempering it beforehand and cooking it low and slow.
- Slow cookers do vary in terms of heat and cook time thus the 6-8 hour range. You know your slow cooker best!
- Check out the step-by-step video of this recipe at the top of the post!
- Pressed for time? Try the Instant Pot version!
NUTRITION INFORMATION Calories: 431 Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 67mg Sodium: 1268mg Potassium: 1488mg Carbohydrates: 52g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 9g Protein: 20g Vitamin A: 5100% Vitamin C: 25% Calcium: 130% Iron: 3.2%This article and recipe adapted from this site