Coconut Cheesecake Bread Pudding
- 1 lb baguette
- 5 eggs
- 12 oz cream of coconut
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 oz sweetened coconut flakes (more if you wish)
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 oz cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Start by preparing bread at least 24 hours ahead. Bread needs to get stale first.
- Cutting the baguette into small cubes. Spread bread cubes evenly in a large rimmed baking sheet. Try not to crowd the bread much so it will harden evenly.
- Let bread get stale and harden for about a day. (You can even leave it for 2 days.)
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs melted butter cream of coconut milk and sugar. Whisk well and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine cream cheese sugar and cream of coconut. Beat with a mixer for a couple of minutes until soft and smooth.
- Place cheesecake mixture into a piping bag (or a zip-lock bag). It will be easier to spread the cheesecake over bread using a bag.
- Spread half of the bread in the casserole dish. Squeeze cheesecake mixture all over the bread try to cover everything evenly.
- Spread remaining bread over the top of the cheesecake mixture.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture all over the bread. Press down on bread all over to ensure that the eggs is spread evenly all over the dish and bread is soaked.
- Spread the coconut flakes over the top and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Note: If you notice that coconut flakes are getting too dark on the top cover the top of the bread pudding with a sheet of foil press it gently and continue baking.
This article and recipe adapted from this site