- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil divided
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cooked white rice for serving
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons oil lime juice cilantro garlic cumin and red pepper flakes. Add chicken and toss to coat. Let marinate in fridge 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- When ready to cook preheat oven to 425°. In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper then add to skillet skin-side down and pour in remaining marinade. Sear until skin is golden and crispy about 6 minutes. Flip and cook 2 minutes more.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve over rice drizzled with pan drippings.
This article and recipe adapted from this site