Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tablespoons chili paste
- 2 Tablespoon rice vinegar (may omit if you don t have it on hand)
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoon erythritol (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional for extra heat)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (freshly minced gingers work great as well)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt + more to taste
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 head lettuce
- In a large skillet cook ground chicken and garlic over medium-high heat. Cook until garlic is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Turn heat down to medium-low. Stir in chili paste vinegar coconut aminos erythritol red pepper flakes ground ginger black pepper salt and cashews. Cook for another 6-8 minutes or until sauce is combined and cashews turn color and are slightly tender but still a bit of a crunch in them.
- Spoon filling into lettuce add additional coconut aminos and red pepper flakes or green onion if desired. Enjoy!
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE