Best Romano Chicken With Lemon Garlic Pasta
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts butterflied or thinly cut into cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese or Romano cheese
- 1 egg
- dry parsley
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs homemade or store-bought
- oil for frying – I used combination of olive oil and sunflower oil
LEMON GARLIC PASTA:
- 1/2 lb linguine or spaghetti or other pasta
- juice from 1 lemon or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- zest from 1/4 lemon
- 2 Tbsp butter cold
- 2-3 Tbsp whipping cream or to taste
- salt pepper
- CHICKEN ROMANO: Place parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. In another dish put beaten egg with dry parsley; in third dish put panko bread crumbs.
- Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper; dredge with parmesan cheese dip into beaten egg; press the chicken in panko bread crumbs to coat on both sides; shake off the excess.
- Heat olive oil in a pan; add chicken cutlets and cook on low heat until golden and cooked through.
- LEMON GARLIC PASTA: Cook pasta according to package direction; drain (reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water).
- Add lemon juice to a pan; add garlic lemon zest a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until liquid is reduced to about half.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter and slowly melt into your sauce while swirling the pan; add another 1 Tbsp butter and repeat; stir in whipping cream and about 2 Tbsp pasta water.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to combine. Serve romano chicken over lemon garlic pasta.
This article and recipe adapted from this site