Best Recipes Spicy Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 large cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste or fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro paste
- 1 tablespoon red chili paste (can also used 2 red chilies chopped)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can (13.5 fl oz) coconut milk
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 7 oz rice noodles
- 1 bunch of cilantro leaves chopped
- 4-5 green onions thinly sliced both white and green parts
- 1 green chili sliced seeds removed
- 1 red chili sliced seeds removed
- roughly chopped coriander sliced red chili sliced green onion
- Combine garlic onion red pepper ginger paste lemongrass paste red curry paste cilantro paste red chili paste and coconut oil in a food processor and process until a paste forms.
- While you are making your paste start boiling water for the rice noodles.
- Add the paste to a medium pot and fry it for a couple of minutes just until it s fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock and coconut milk and bring to a boil Reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In the last couple of minutes add your shredded chicken.
- While the soup is simmering cook your noodles according to the package directions and drain.
- Add your fish sauce lime juice and zest and rice noodles to the soup.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro green onion and green and red chilies.
NotesIf you plan on making enough for leftovers add the rest of your noodles when you re heating the leftovers or they ll soak up a lot of the liquid!This article and recipe adapted from this site