Best Recipes Crispy Honey Sriracha Tofu
- 14 ounce block medium firm tofu
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons potato starch or corn starch (for dusting)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 scallion finely chopped (optional)
- Drain the tofu from the package and place on a plate. Let sit for 15-20 to remove excess water. Alternatively wrap the tofu in paper towel or tea towel to remove excess water. Repeat 3 to 4 times until the tofu is dryer.
- Whisk garlic sriracha soy sauce honey and rice vinegar in a bowl and set aside.
- Dust tofu with cornstarch until all sides are coated.
- Use a medium large pan and turn the heat to high. Add oil and when the oil is hot almost smoking add tofu cubes. Be careful of oil spits! Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes without touching or tossing too much until golden brown.
- Add sauce and gently coat tofu cubes. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Stir once more to evenly coat tofu cubes and serve topped with scallions.
This article and recipe adapted from this site