Best Recipes Asiago Roasted Onions
- 4 large yellow onions peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup of asiago cheese grated
- Place the slices of onion in a single layer on the bottom of a greased baking dish drizzle with oil and season with thyme salt and pepper before roasting in a preheated 450F/230C oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the heavy cream in a small sauce pan until it starts to simmer mix in the mustard and half of the cheese let the cheese melt pour it over the onions before sprinkling on the remaining cheese.
- Cover in foil and bake for 20 minutes. (The onions will be tender the cheese melted and the sides bubbling when it is done.)
Option: Mix 1 tablespoon white miso paste into the cream along with the mustard and cheese.Option: Replace the asiago cheese with parmigiano reggiano (parmesan) or grana padano cheese etc.This article and recipe adapted from this site