Best Low Carb Chicken Philly Cheesesteak
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small strips
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 7 slices provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a hot cast iron skillet melt one tablespoon of butter and add peppers onion and garlic.
- Saute until the onions and peppers are translucent then remove veggies from the skillet and set aside.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the cast iron skillet then add chicken Italian seasoning and salt/pepper.
- Allow to sear on each side then cover and cook on medium-low until the chicken is cooked all the way through. I use a meat thermometer to test doneness.
- Once the chicken is done add the pepper onion and garlic back to the skillet. Cook on low for 2 minutes.
- Place provolone cheese slices on top of the chicken and veggie mixture to cover and then place the skillet in the oven on broil for 1-3 minutes until the cheese is melted thoroughly.
This article and recipe adapted from this site