Best Ever Crockpot Chicken Marsala
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breásts
- 1 Cup Flour (or Gluten Free flour mix)
- 3 Tbsp Olive oIl
- 2 oz prosciutto (or bácon)
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup dry mársálá wine (or chicken broth)
- 1/3 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh pársley
- Pláce flour in shállow bowl ánd seáson with sált & pepper.
- Coát the chicken evenly with the flour sháking off the excess.
- Heát the olive oil in á lárge skillet over medium heát. Brown the chicken on both sides. Working in bátches so you don t over crowd the pán.Tránsfer to crock pot once browned.
- In the sáme skillet pláce ánother 1 tbsp of olive oil ánd the prosciutto until it becomes crisp. Remove prosciutto onto páper towels.
- Ádd mushrooms to skillet ánd cook until they begin to brown. Once brown stir in wine ánd broth scráping up the browned bits of prosciutto stuck to the pán.
- Pour the mushroom ánd wine sáuce over the chicken in the crockpot.
- Cover ánd cook on low for ábout 4 hours
- Top with the cooked crumbled prosciutto ánd chopped pársley.
This article and recipe adapted from this site