Best Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- One 8-ounce can crushed pineapple drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ?th tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped pecans (may substitute walnuts)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- (If you want raisins add ¾ – 1 cup of raisins optional)
FOR THE FROSTING:
- One 8-ounce pkg cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 – 3 & ½ cups powdered sugar
- Additional chopped pecans for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a 9×13 rectangular baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the pineapple and eggs until combined. Whisk in the sugars oil and vanilla followed by the dry ingredients until a cohesive batter comes together. Fold in the pecans carrots and raisins (if using) until combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist not wet crumbs. Cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the cream cheese butter and vanilla until combined and fluffy about 1 minute. Beat in the orange juice and gradually add in the powdered sugar about one cup at a time until mixture is light and fluffy streaming in the heavy cream as needed.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cake and sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans if using. Store covered in the fridge.
This article and recipe adapted from this site