Best Apple Pie Cupcakes Dessert
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix + box ingredients
- 1 20-ounce can apple pie filling
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- To make the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven as directed on the cake mix.
- Line a 9-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Prepare batter according to box directions.
- Fill liners ? full and bake according to box directions for cupcakes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Use a knife to dice apples into smaller pieces.
- Use a knife to core out a plug in the middle of each cupcake and fill with pie filling.
- To make the frosting:
- Whip the butter brown sugar cinnamon and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar.
- Add milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer to piping bag and frost each cupcake.
This article and recipe adapted from this site